8 ways to protect your hair at the beach!
The sun and sea are beautiful things and sometimes we have such a good time that we forget that our hair can really suffer while we are busy having fun!
The sea salt and sun can really dry out our hair, which can in turn creates split ends and can ruin any coloring we have added to it.
Here are 8 ways to protect your hair at the beach:
- Wear a sun hat- There are so many cute ones for this summer too and this will also protect against heatstroke and heat exhaustion.
- Wash out any salt water under the beach showers every time you exit the sea.
- Don’t allow sea salt to dry in your hair whilst sun bathing!
- Don’t brush your hair until you’ve thoroughly washed it.
- If your hair is dry normally then you may need to double up on your conditioner while you are away.
- Do a natural treatment on your hair when you get back, I lather my hair with Olive oil and wrap it in a plastic bag over my hair and leave it overnight, wash out thoroughly the next day.
- Spray some sun protection in your hair, SPF 30 or more.
- Or you can give our natural recipe a try:
You will need a medium size spray bottle and you may wish to double up on the ingredients if you are going away for two weeks by the sea…you lucky devil!
Mix 1 third of your bottle with water, 1 third with liquid Coconut oil- pure, and one third sun protection SPF 30 or more- use an oil based one as we are making a spray rather than a lotion.
If it is too thick and you’d like to concentrate it then just add more water.
Add two teaspoons of olive oil.
Give it a shake and your ready to go!
It smells wonderful and what’s best is it’s full of goodness! Spray periodically when needed! I’ll be using mine next week!
Recipe created by admin.