Homemade Toothpaste for Kids
As you already know, homemade toothpaste is a wonderful alternative for the commercial product. Why? Because it doesn’t contains fluorine or glycerine ( good for the gums but bad for enamel). The most important thing is the fact that you can write your own label and actually understand the name of all ingredients
A homemade toothpaste is the better choice when it comes to your children. Especially because then tend to swallow some
Here is the natural alternative made only with 4 ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil;
- 3 tablespoons baking powder;
- 1-2 drops mint essential oil (do not add this for children under 8 or pregnant women);
You mix all these ingredients until a homogenized paste is obtained and voila you have your homemade toothpaste on your bathroom shelf.
All the above ingredients have beneficial properties, like:
- coconut oil – antibacterial and antiviral role
- baking soda – alkalizes the pH;
- xylitol – helps to repair the enamel
So you have lots of reasons to make your own homemade toothpaste. Much more healthy and natural!
Choose what is the best for you and your family!
Image credit: conscientiousconfusion.com