How to avoid and treat chapped lips
I hate dry lips and I suffer from it a lot! Winter, Summer, as soon as the seasons change, I start picking at my lips! Which I know is a horrible habit to have!
If you also often suffer from dry chapped lips then you may be dehydrated, try drinking the recommend dose of 8 glasses a day for an adult or even upping it to 10.
If this doesn’t help here are some other tips you can do to add moisture to your pout!
- Try sipping on hot water every 15-20 mins a day. The hot water dilates your circulatory system so that moisture reaches the tissues.
- If your diet is not great and you know you have not been taking in enough vitamins and minerals then taking a multi-vitamin once a day may help see your symptoms subside.
- Focus on lip balms that contain cocoa butter, which is non-toxic and is a natural moisturizer.
- Stay away from lip balms that contain Phenol and Camphor, many contain these and they are strong antiseptic chemicals that could be drying out your lips!
- Make your own lip balm! You can follow our recipe here. When you get to the step in which you need to add your own essential oil, you can any lovely smell or flavoring you like but Specifically for chapped lips – add 16 drops of sandalwood oil for moisture, or 30 drops of lavender to reduce inflammation and redness.
- Also you can check out our recipe on how to exfoliate your lips, remember that this will get rid of any excess skin and will leave your lips exposed, so don’t forget to moisturise well.
Photocredit: pinterest.com, naturehealthfoods.com.
Info credit: Alternative cures:Bill Gottlieb.