How to make lips balm
Lips balm is the most important product that helps us maintain our lips soft and hydrated. Instead of buying one I choose to go the homemade hippie style with this beauty product as well
Here is how you can make in just a few steps your own lips balm – quick and simple and most important natural:
- First of all, you need beeswax (2 teaspoons) which is the main ingredient for lips balm – buy some from a beekeeper or a store you trust that really sells natural products.
- Add some oil – you can choose between extra-virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, coconut oil.
- Melt the beeswax and oil using the bain-marie technique or in the microwaves (I prefer the first option).
- After these two ingredients are fully melted and you managed to combine them, leave the mixture to cool for a while.
- When the mixture begins to harden slightly it time to add the other ingredients which are the honey and essential oil.
- Add only a few drops of honey, because otherwise the lips balm will be too sticky.
- The final ingredient is the essential oil that will make your lips balm smell so wonderful – you can choose whatever aroma you like (orange, almonds, vanilla, coffee, peppermint etc.). A few drops are enough as well.
- Place the mixture in an appropriate recipient and leave it for a few hours to cool very well.
That’s it. In just a few steps you can make your own lips balm.
Image credit: thefrugalgreenishmama.com