Make-up mistakes that make you ugly
All women apply make-up to help them hide some imperfections and to look more beautiful.
Unfortunately, some of them, make some small or big mistakes when it comes to make-up and they get the opposite effect than the desired one: they look uglier!
Here is a list of the most common mistakes you must avoid when applying make-up:
- Using a much more darker tone for the foundation in a very thick layer – instead of this (which will only make you look like you wear a mask) better apply a corrector and a make-up base to hide your imperfection and then apply a thin layer of foundation more closer to your skin tone .
- Over-powdering – again you will look like you are wearing a mask. Translucent powder is not your best friend (even if you think so), because it only makes your skin looks dryer and if over-powdering it will leave marks in your fine lines. Better your a much more lighter powder and this only when needed.
- Exaggerated Drawing your eyebrows or even worse drawing them with a black eyeliner –
there is an even worse – drawing them as thin as you can. NO NO NO! You do not want to look like you are always surprised or like you have 2 black worms above your eyes. If you do have thin eyebrows better go to a salon and dye them. The eyebrows should be in harmony with your face and better is to use a shade as closer as you can to your hair color: for brunets is better to use one lighter shade, while blonds should use a color which is one shade darker. Also many of women tend to focus on the inner half of the eyebrows,when they should focus on the outer half.
- Wrongly using the blush or using to much blush – either way you will look like a Russian doll or like a clown. You should take into account your face shape and tone when applying blush. If you have a dark skin try using berry or plum shades or if you have a fair skin try applying rose or pink tones.
- Use a lip liner much darker than the lipstick – this is the perfect way to get a horror look :D. Use a lip liner the same shade as you lipstick or no lip liner at all.
These are only 5 of the primer mistakes that came into my mind and I believe these are the most common ones. So be careful how you apply your make-up products, what shade is better for your skin tone and what quantity you apply!
Image credit: Shutterstock