Natural scrub soap
This recipe is made using (of course ) the cold process method (read my post How to make soaps at home to find out all you need to know about it) and it has various properties, like: is helps you exfoliate your skin, eliminate bad smells or is a wonderful disinfectant.
As you saw already from my previous posts, the mix of butters/oils is almost the same for all recipes, with small adjustments. When changes are the ingredients (especially essential oils) you add in the “trace phase” (after you mix all the butters and oils and obtain a smooth composition).
Here are the ingredients needed for this natural scrub soap:
- 780 ml aloe vera juice
- 360 g sodium hydroxide or caustic soda
- 1200 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 480 ml soya oil
- 480 g coconut butter
- 480 g palm butter
In the “trace phase” you need to add:
- 15 ml grapefruit essential oil
- 15 ml eucalyptus essential oil
- 7 ml cinnamon essential oil
- 7 ml orange essential oil
- 5 tablespoons cinnamon powder
Enjoy your new natural scrub soap!
Image credit: luulla.com