Sunburn Relief Natural Remedies
There are a lot of homemade/natural remedies that can help you with sunburn relief. Most of them are based on only 1 ingredients that you most probably already have in your kitchen.
I love summer a lot like many of you. Also I love having beautiful suntanned skin. Everything seems to look better on me when I’m tanned and usually I can get away with not wearing any makeup at all.
Often we wait so long before we can get our sun fix that we tend to get carried away and stay too long in the sun. Couple of hours later and it’s too late. Then the painful moment when you arrive home, you look in the mirror at your red skin and you realize your whole skin stings and burns.
Now you need to moisturize as much as you can your skin and thanks to the amazing nature we have all sorts of ingredients ready to help us with sunburn relief:
- Yogurt – I think this is the most common one ( I know about it from my grandma). Just apply it on the sunburned area and leave it for 15 minutes then rinse is off with warm water. It helps calm the symptoms caused by sunburn and also give you a refreshing feeling.
- Tomatoes – they are very rich in vitamin A which is very important in the process of restoring burned skin. Put some slice of tomatoes on the sunburned area and leave them for 30 minutes.
- Green clay – dissolve it in some water and apply the mixture on your damaged skin. Leave it for 2 hours. Green clay helps stop the swelling and facilitate healing.
- Baking soda – dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda into 250 ml cold water and apply compresses for sunburn relief.
- Lemon juice – apply some lemon juice compresses. They will help freshen up your skin and decontaminate the burned skin.
- Cabbage – crush some cabbage leaves and apply them on the damage area. Cabbage helps cure faster the burning.
- Marigold oil – it is well known the properties of marigold oil: wonderful moisturizer and also helps repair your skin.
- Aloe Vera – is the best natural remedy for any burns, including sunburns. If you have an aloe vera plant in your house you just need to cut a leaf and put the gel on the damage skin or you can buy aloe vera gel from drugstores.
- Green tea – compresses made from a green tea infusion ( 1 teaspoon green tea for 1 cup of boiled water). Apply the compresses for 10 minutes. Repeat it several times in one day.
- Potatoes – just grate one potato and apply it.
- Egg whites – you can either use them raw or mixed with honey or milk.
- Cucumbers – either slice one cucumber and apply it or grate and mix it with some milk and then apply it.
These natural remedies that helps you with sunburn relief just popped into my mind. But there are much more natural ingredients that can help you with sunburns, like: essential oils, oatmeal, lettuce, vinegar, etc.
I hope you will not need any of them but if you at least you have a few options to choose from!
Image credit: feelgoodstyle.com