How to take care of our nails and hands in the cold season
Winter is not such a friendly season. Except for the Christmas time and the fact that is my birthday I am not a fan of winter time. Is cold, the weather is dry and windy and all of these not only affect my spirit but also my hair, skin, lips, nails, etc.
So we need to take extra care during winter time, and hydrate as much as we can.
Our hands and nails need special treatment as well and here are some tips that will help you have soft hands and a perfect manicure no matter the weather:
- You need to exfoliate your nails at least one a week – you can do this using sea salt, sugar-based peeling or citrus. This way you eliminate the dead cells and allow your nails to regenerate.
- If you want to have whiter nails and shinier hands apply a serum based on vitamin C – it really does wonders
- If you have very dry skin use paraffin – apply it on your hand and cover them with cotton gloves to allow the paraffin to really work.
- Use moisturizing cuticle oil.
- Wear gloves all the time you leave your house.
- Do not wash your hands with water to cold or to hot – it should be just warm.
- Hydrate your nails and hands: for example apply a mask made from 1 tablespoon honey and ½ teaspoon olive oil and cover your hand with cotton gloves or a cotton towel. After 30 minutes rinse it off with warm water.
If you consider and follow these simple rules your hands and nails will be much more beautiful.
Image credit: breakfeminin.com