Tips and tricks for maintaining healthy hair
Healthy hair is so important to our beauty and a good head of hair can even make you look younger, so it’s vital you look after what you do have!
Here are some simple tips and tricks that all women should know for healthy hair!
- Don’t rub your hair dry with a towel. Instead pat your hair dry with your towel or squeeze it, this can prevent split ends.
- While washing your hair, try to give your scalp a massage, don’t scratch it but instead try to really massage your head. This will not only feel great but it will stimulate growth in your hair follicles and it can also create a volumised effect when dry.
- If you don’t have time for a full treatment like this one, then you can opt for this trick that I got from a girl at work – and she has long amazing hair!
After washing and styling your hair, you take a small amount of olive oil – really small as we don’t want to get our hair greasy again and just rub it on the ends of our hair. Now it’s important to do this after we have brushed our hair as if we do this first we will end up spreading the oil everywhere and will then need to start over!
I suggest a pea sized amount and remember your ends shouldn’t look greasy either, just enough to know they have soaked up some goodness. This trick will help split ends and will reduce the appearance of dry/split ends.
- Get regular trips to the hairdressers for a trim. I cannot express enough how much a trim can actually help your hair grow. My hair has grown an extra 4-5 inches since I started going for a trim every 5-6 weeks for 1-2 inches off. My stylist says 4-5 weeks but if your busy too, try and stay close to this timeframe as much as possible!
- Also I noticed that by having some long layers in my hair actually helped me in terms of not needing go over and over parts of my hair when styling it. When I had my hair all one length my curls would drop out quickly due to my hair being heavy at the bottom. Since adding my long layers I noticed the curls last longer and don’t need going over as many times.
- Reduce the amount of heat on your hair. I have reduced the amount of times I straighten my hair to three times a week, if you blow-dry your hair you can use a slim elastic band and wrap your hair around in a loose bun on the top of your head. My auntie swears by this trick and makes her blow-dry last 3-4 days! See below for an example of this.
- Don’t over brush your hair, I now brush mine once a day and I have witnessed the benefits. Brushing too often creates split ends.
Photocredit: Pinterest.com, www.thefrisky.com, enzohealthyhair.com.