Everyone desires silky smooth hair that radiates a healthy shine. However, it’s hard to come by a hair product that meets our expectations, and sometimes we have to go out of our way to get one that works perfectly for us. Most commercial shampoos contain harsh chemicals that strip hair of its natural oils, causing damage in the long run. However, there is a solution – making your own shampoo bar using goat’s milk and jojoba oil.
Goat milk is an excellent natural ingredient that is rich in vitamins and minerals, making it an excellent option for shampoo bars. When used in hair products, it nourishes and hydrates the hair, helps to reduce dryness and itchiness, and is also suitable for people with sensitive skin.
Jojoba oil is another fantastic ingredient that is packed with natural goodness. It mimics the natural oils our scalp produces, making it an excellent natural conditioner. It helps to lock in moisture, nourish hair from within, and soothes dry and damaged hair.
So, let’s get down to the recipe!
– 100 grams Goat milk soap base
– 1 Tablespoon Jojoba oil
– 20 drops Essential oil (Optional)
– Soap dye (Optional)
1. Cut the goat milk soap base into small cubes and place them in a heatproof container.
2. Melt the soap base in a double boiler set-up. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent burning.
3. Add jojoba oil to the melted soap base and mix well.
4. If you want to add essential oils or soap dye, add them to the melted mixture, and stir well.
5. Pour the soap mixture into your soap molds.
6. Allow the mixture to set for approximately four hours, or until it’s hard.
7. Once the mixture has set, remove the soap bars from the molds.
Use the shampoo bar like you would standard shampoo. Lather the shampoo bar in your hands and apply it to your wet hair. Massage it on your scalp and work it through your hair until it lathers well. Rinse your hair with warm water.
Making your own shampoo bar with goat milk and jojoba oil is a straightforward, inexpensive, and effective way to get silky smooth hair. This DIY shampoo bar is gentle on hair, does not contain any harmful chemicals, and is safe for even the most delicate and sensitive scalp. You can customize it with your scent preference, add-ons like herbs and flower petals, and even package it in eco-friendly containers like paper or glass jars. So why not try this DIY shampoo bar recipe for the ultimate smooth hair experience?