Goat milk shampoo bars are becoming increasingly popular for their natural and gentle cleansing properties. And now, you can make your own goat milk shampoo bar with jojoba at home! Jojoba is a natural emollient that helps to nourish and protect your hair while the goat milk proteins soothe and moisturize your scalp. Here’s how to do it:
- 3 ounces of jojoba oil
- 1 ounce of coconut oil
- 1 ounce of olive oil
- 1 ounce of castor oil
- 1 ounce of lye
- 4 ounces of goat milk
- 1 tablespoon of essential oil (optional)
- Begin by measuring out all of your ingredients.
- Carefully add the lye to the goat milk and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil.
- Heat the oil mixture in a double boiler or in the microwave until it is just warm.
- Carefully add the lye mixture to the oil mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the essential oil, if desired.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and allow it to sit for 24 hours.
- Carefully remove the shampoo bar from the mold and allow it to sit for another 24 hours.
- Your goat milk shampoo bar is now ready to use!
Making your own goat milk shampoo bar with jojoba is a great way to get natural, gentle cleansing for your hair. Plus, you can customize your bar with your favorite essential oils for a pleasant scent. Give it a try and see for yourself!